So this one just the PERFECT combination. I got inspired to create this recipe by the dinner I had at a local restaurant in a very small town in east Germany. It is a bit more of an effort, but its defiantly worth it. This is by far my absolute favourite autumnal dish!
You could serve this for a family or birthday dinner as it is quite special. The quiche consist of a classic shortcrust filled with a sour cream-pumpkin mixture with soft goat cheese and honey on top to complement the taste. You can perfectly serve it with lamb’s lettuce seasoned with olive oil, lemon juice, salt, pepper and tomato jam with caramelized walnuts on top.
If you want to see how I did it – check out my IGTV that I filmed for you on Instagram.
INGREDIENTS for 4 servings
For the shortcrust:
- 125 g cold butter
- 1 egg
- 250 g flour
- a pinch of salt
For the filling:
- 100 g sour cream
- 3 eggs
- one sliced Hokkaido pumpkin
- 1-2 shallots
- olive oil, salt, pumpkin spice
- 100 g soft goat cheese
- handful of caramelised walnuts
- 100 g fresh lamb’s lettuce seasoned with olive oil, lemon, salt, pepper, tomato jam
- Preheat the oven to 190 °C / 375 °F. Mix together all the ingredients for the shortcrust, wrap it in baking parchment and put it in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Wash the pumpkin, remove the seeds and cut it into slices. Prepare a baking sheet, place the pumpkin slices on it and season with olive oil, salt and pumpkin spice. For a better taste add one or two shallots. Roast everything for 5-10 minutes.
- Meanwhile get the dough out of the fridge. Press it on the parchment until you have a round flat base. Turn the parchment around and push the shortcrust dough into a pie dish. Then prick the base with a fork to prevent the dough from rising. Put it in the oven for 10 minutes.
- While the shortcrust bakes whisk together the sour cream, 3 eggs and salt for the filling.
- Get the pie dish out of the oven and fill it with the sour cream mixture. Place the roasted pumpkin slices and shallots over the filling in one even layer and put it in the oven for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes add some soft goat cheese and spread honey on top. Put in the oven for another 10 minutes.
- While the quiche bakes put some water and sugar in an pan. Add the walnuts as soon as the sugar turns brown. Put the caramelised walnuts aside on a baking parchment and let them dry.
- Prepare the lamb’s salad and season it with olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper. I also added some homemade tomato jam (recipe is coming soon). Serve all together!