The perfect chocolate chip cookies are soft but crisp on the outside and gooey in the middle! Perfect for this time of year together with a hot chocolate or a glass of milk (i prefer it when the milk is cold). This recipe is so quick, so if you’re craving them now – it will just take you 10 minutes for some warm and soft cookies!
You might also have all the ingredients on the hand already. They are made out of classic ingredients and a good amount of chocolate chips. It took me a while to find out how to achieve the perfect texture, but I am very happy with how the recipe turned out at the end.
- 1 cup (120 g) soft butter
- 1/2 cup (120 g) brown sugar
- 1/4 TSP salt
- 1 TBSP vanilla extract
- 1 egg (room temperature)
- 1 cup (140 g) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 TSP baking soda
- 50 g chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 180°C / 355°F and prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Whisk together butter, sugar and salt with an electric mixer until creamy. I use brown sugar in this recipe, because I think this gives the cookies a softer and more gooey texture! But you can also use granulated sugar or a mix of both. You could also use a bit more salt than I do if you like the taste. But don’t skip this step – salt is very important to balance out the sweetness and it also emphasizes the taste of chocolate!
- Add the egg and stir in the vanilla extract.
- Then add the flour and baking soda and mix together with a spoon or spatula until just combined. Add the chocolate chips and mix again for 30 seconds.
- Place the cookie dough on the baking sheet using a cookie spoon (or if you don’t have one just use two regular spoons to place round cookie dough balls on the parchment). Bake them for 8-10 minutes until golden and slightly brown on the edges. They should be fully baked but still very soft!
DONE! Place them on a wire reck to cool down or eat them fresh out of the oven!