It’s the first advent Sunday this weekend ⭐️
If you want to bake something festive, you need to try out this recipe! This cake is made out of thick and creamy classic german egg liqueur and cinnamon-sugar apples.
The egg liqueur can be self made (recipe coming soon 🤩) or store bought. You shouldn’t use egg nog for this recipe, because it is way to fluid – but if you don’t have egg liqueur you could try it with egg nog with half of the amount (75 ml).
It’s fluffy and buttery with a christmassy flavor. For this I use Christmas flavor seasoning which is made out of cinnamon, coriander, cloves, star anise, allspice, nutmeg. If you don’t have a mixed one just use a pinch of each spice.
- 175 g soft butter
- 100 g granulated sugar
- 1 TSP vanilla extract
- 4 eggs room temperature
- 150 ml egg liqueur
- 300 g all purpose flour
- 1 TSP baking powder
- 1 TSP Christmas spices (cinnamon, coriander, cloves, star anise, allspice, nutmeg)
- A pinch of salt
- 3 apples, half a lemon
- Cinnamon sugar mixture
- Preheat the oven to 170 °C / 340 °F. Prepare a round baking tin, line it with baking parchment and grease the sides with butter.
- Peel the apples and cut them into quarters. Then cut them in fan shaped. Coat them with lemon juice and set aside.
- Mix together butter, sugar and vanilla until creamy. Then add the eggs one by one.
- Fold in the dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, salt, christmas flavor/spices) with a spatula alternately with the egg nog until just combined (don‘t overmix).
- Fill the batter into the tin and place the apples on it evenly. Drizzle some cinnamon and sugar all over the top.
- Bake for 40-45 min and let it cool down for 5 minutes in the tin.