Tiramisu is one of my favourite desserts ever! This modified recipe is perfect for winter season – as a dessert for Christmas Day or New Years Eve. A very creamy and fluffy mascarpone cream with crunchy speculoos cookies instead of traditional sponge finger biscuits and melted chocolate.
This recipe is so easy and quick! I used regular speculoos cookies and glazed them with dark chocolate. Dip or soak them cooled down coffee and layer them in a baking dish (I used a 30x20cm) with the cream. There is no baking in the oven at all.
- about 500 g speculoos cookies
- 100 g dark chocolate
- 1 cup cold brewed coffee
- 1 TBSP coconut oil
- 500 g mascarpone
- 30 g powdered sugar
- 1 TBSP vanilla extract
- 400 g heavy cream
- 1 sachet cream stiffner
- Melt the chocolate over a hot water bath adding some coconut oil. When melted glaze about 3/4 of the speculoos cookies on one side and place them on a wire wreck. Note: there are also store bought chocolate speculoos cookies – you can definitely use those! That will safe you some time.
- Start with the cream mixing together the mascarpone with powdered sugar and vanilla in a bowl. In a different bowl whip the cold cream together with cream stiffner until stiff. Fold in the cream to the mascarpone mixture until just combined (don’t overmix). Put the cream into the fridge.
- Place two layers of the speculoos cookies in your baking dish with the chocolatey sides inwards. You can either soak them in coffee before placing them or just use a tablespoon and pour some of the coffee over the cookies in the dish.
- Take the cream out of the fridge and spread one layer (fingerbreadth) over the cookies. Place another two layers of cookies on top and add another cream layer again. You should have two layers of cookies (with two layers each) and two cream layers in the end. You can obviously vary here and do the layers however you like.
- Crush the rest of the cookies in a food processor and place the crumbles on top. Glaze with the leftover melted chocolate. Keep in the fridge and consume within 2-3 days.