I’m usually more of a pizza person than a pasta person, but sometimes I really crave some quick and easy spaghetti after work. I am not the biggest fan of tomato sauces or basil pesto dressings. If you feel the same or you just want to try out something new – you need to try out this recipe! Classic spaghetti with Avocado garlic cream, fresh baby spinach and tomatoes on top.
This recipe is very easy and quick. It’s actually just some modified guacamole with fresh ingredients on top and it tastes sooo good! The Avocado should be ripe – it’s mostly perfect if you can press in a little bit. I love to add some baby spinach! Together with the tomatoes it adds such a freshness to the whole meal.
INGREDIENTS for 2 servings:
- 250 g spaghetti (you can use whole grain pasta as well!)
- 1 ripe Avocado
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 small shallot
- 1 TBSP lemon juice
- 1/2 TBSP olive oil
- 1/2 TBSP avocado oil
- salt, pepper, garlic powder
- handful of small tomatoes
- handful of baby spinach (or basil)
- parmesan cheese
- Cook the spaghetti as described on the packaging.
- Meanwhile chop the shallot and garlic. Add the avocado and mash everything until creamy using a food processor. You can alternatively use a fork (it’s going to be not as smooth as with a food processor, but both is perfect).
- Add lemon juice, olive oil, avocado oil, salt, pepper and garlic and mix again until combined.
- Drain the pasta, add the avocado cream and mix together until all spaghettis are evenly covered.
- Wash and cut the tomatoes. Wash the spinach or basil and add both on top of your spaghetti. Grate some parmesan cheese for the perfect final touch!