This is such an easy and quick recipe! Soft buttered gnocchi with fresh baby spinach in tomato sauce. You just need a few ingredients and one pan to make it! This recipe includes cream for the tomato sauce. For a vegan option you can use non dairy cream as for example soy cream. I included the vegan options in the recipe below.
Gnocchi are just so versatile – you can do this recipe as a bake in the oven as well! Just add some cheese on top and bake the whole thing for 20 minutes on 180°C.
INGREDIENTS for 2 servings:
- 2 TBSP butter (vegan alternative: olive oil)
- 1 shallot or small onion
- 400 g gnocchi
- 100 g fresh baby spinach
- 1 can chopped tomatoes
- salt, pepper, oregano
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3 TBSP cream (vegan alternative: non dairy cream / soy cream)
- Chop the onion and roast in the pan together with the gnocchi in butter or olive oil on medium heat until slightly golden.
- Add chopped tomatoes, cream and washed baby spinach.
- Season with garlic, salt, pepper and oregano and let it simmer for 5 minutes on low heat. For the perfect finish you can add some fresh basil and parmesan on top!