Marble cake is just a classic that everyone loves! For a birthday cake, dessert after dinner or just on the weekend for some excitement. You don’t need fancy ingredients or anything, just what you will probably already have in your kitchen. This cake is crispy from outside and so unbelievably fluffy and soft from the inside!
This is a family recipe that I changed up a little up a while ago. I think a good marble cake isn’t the easiest – they get dry and sticky quite quick if the proportions are mistaken. This one is so far away from being too dry, I promise!
- 200 g soft butter
- 100 g sugar
- 1 TSP vanilla extract
- 4 eggs (room temperature)
- 300 g flour
- 1 sachet baking powder (16g)
- 100 ml milk (alternatively plant based milk)
- 1/2 TSP grated lemon peel
- 20 g cocoa powder
- Preheat the oven to 180°C / 356 °F.
- Beat the butter, sugar and vanilla with an electric mixer until creamy in texture. Then add the eggs, milk and lemon peel and mix again.
- In a separate bowl mix together the flour and baking powder. Take half of it and add it to your butter mixture. Mix for 30 seconds. Add the other half and mix again until just combined (don’t overmix!). The batter should be thick and silky.
- For your chocolate dough put half of the batter in a separate bowl and add the cocoa powder. Mix until evenly chocolatey.
- Grease a bundt cake pan and fill in the vanilla batter. Then add the chocolate batter on top and swirl around once with a fork.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes until golden. Let it cool down in the pan for 10 minutes and then put it out on a wire wreck. Decorate with melted chocolate or powdered sugar on top!